Enabling Salesforce.com Email Relay
In some cases if your non-admin Salesforce users are having problems getting their emails correctly added to Salesforce, there may be a permissions issue.
Typically you'll want to check two variables:
- Making sure your users use a custom profile, not a default profile. You may have already done this.
- Giving that custom profile the correct rights.
Using a Custom Profile, Not a Default Profile
Salesforce doesn't let you give custom permissions to the default profiles, so (if you haven't done so already), you need to "clone" your user profiles so that you can give them the right permissions.
- Go to Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles
- Clone the Standard User profile
- Assign your users to the new cloned profile (which, being a clone, will behave the same as before).
Giving the Custom Profile the Correct Rights
- Edit the new cloned profile
- Scroll down to the "Custom Object Permissions" area
- Give Read, Create, Edit, and Delete access to the Absolute Automation objects:
- Save the profile.
- Now that you're back on the profile list page, click on the Profile name (not the "Edit" link).
Go to the last two bottom sections:
- Enabled Apex Class Access
- Enabled Visualforce Page Access
Click "edit" in both sections and add all items that start with 'i.' (i is our application namespace within salesforce).
- Repeat this process for all desired profiles.
Find our most recent release notes.
Our InsideSales.com community forum is coming soon.
Advanced training for the Lead Management Platform.
We're happy to help. An InsideSales.com expert is just a phone call away.
Mon-Fri 6-7 MST