Setting Up Additional Fields to Show on Call History
To use any of the optional fields you'll need to create a custom activity field to match them in Salesforce. If you have a limited number of available custom fields, you may or may not want or need to use them.
Follow these steps to add each field:
- Click your Salesforce username in the upper-right hand corner. Then select 'Setup'.
- In the sidebar menu, click Customize under the "App Setup" heading. Then click Activities, and then Activity Custom Fields.
- Click New next to the "Activity Custom Fields" heading.
- Select the appropriate data type for the field you wish to add. Use the chart below for reference.
||Salesforce Field Name
||Salesforce Field Type
|Inbound Number Dialed
|Route to Owner
|Route to Last Caller
|Day of the Week
- Click 'Next'.
- Enter the Field Label from the chart above in the Field Label field. Use care not to confuse it with the information that must go in the Field Name field.
- Enter the Field Name from the chart above in the Field Name field. Use care not to confuse it with the information that must go in the Field Label field. Be sure to enter this information exactly as it is displayed in the chart. It may populate automatically when you enter information into the Field Label field. Do not use this automatically-generated value. Replace it with the text specified in the reference chart.
- If you are adding the "Dialer Type" field, you will need to enter the three pick list options. Enter them like this, including paragraph breaks between each line:
If you are adding the List name or Query Name field, you'll be asked for a Character Length value. Enter the number 80 for 80 characters.
- Click 'Next'.
- Choose any security settings you like and click 'Next'.
- Select the layouts you wish the fields to apply on and click 'Next'.
- Click 'Save' to finish adding the field. Click 'Save and New' if you'd like to immediately start adding the next layout.
- Repeat steps 1-12 for any additional fields you wish to add.
- To ensure that the fields operate as intended, be sure that the fields are not marked as "read-only," and that the fields are available to the access user.
- The fields will not display any information for up to 24 hours after they have been created. Once they begin to display data, they will update approximately every 15 minutes.
- The dialer system will not add data to these fields retroactively. The fields will only be populated for calls placed / received from that time forward.
Find our most recent release notes.
Our InsideSales.com community forum is coming soon.
Advanced training for the PowerDialer for Salesforce.
We're happy to help. An InsideSales.com expert is just a phone call away.
Mon-Fri 6-7 MST