Use this step-by-step walk-through to install the PowerDialer for Salesforce. If the PowerDialer is already installed, jump to the Configuration instructions.
Installation & Updating
- Navigate to the Salesforce AppExchange to install, or update, the PowerDialer for Salesforce Package.
- Search for the package by inputting “InsideSales.com” into the search bar.
- Navigate to the PowerDialer page by clicking on the panel that appears.
- Once you’re on the main PowerDialer for Salesforce product page, click the Get It Now link on the right.
- Use the Login to the AppExchange button.
- Enter your Salesforce username and password.
- Salesforce will take a moment to verify your credentials. Once it finishes, you’ll be asked if you want to install the software in your production Salesforce system, or a sandbox.
- In most cases you can install the software in your production system. If you do install it on “sandbox,” when you’re ready to add it to your production system, simply re-run the AppExchange installation.
If you install in a Sandbox, you will need to contact InsideSales before authorizing.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, and click Confirm and Install!
- You’ll be asked to re-enter your Salesforce username and password.
- After the system runs some initial steps, you’ll land inside your Salesforce system on the package installation page. Click the blue Continue button.
- Approve Third-Party Access to pdlmpapis.insidesales.com by selecting the box next to Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites and then clicking Continue.
- To continue, you’ll need to approve the package to use the Salesforce API. Click the Next button in the lower right corner.
- You’ll receive a notice that “The package is ready to be installed.” Click the Install button.
- Be patient while the package is installed. When the process is completed, you'll see a “Processing” screen telling you that your request is in progress, and that Salesforce will email you once the process completes. As soon as you receive the confirmation email, you’re ready to start configuring your dialer package, unless you were only updating an already installed package, then you're done!
If you are Updating an already installed package, your update is now complete. You do not need to proceed further.
Display InsideSales.com User Fields
- Click on your name at the top of the screen and select Setup from the dropdown list. This changes the left column navigation to include all of the links you need to configure your PowerDialer.
- Navigate to Customize in the App Setup panel on the left, then scroll down and click Users, then Page Layout. Click to edit the user layout.
- In the User Layout panel you'll find 6 InsideSales fields: Admin, Authorization Token, Password, Permissions, Subdomain, and Username. Select all of these fields, drag them to the Additional Information section below the Standard Fields section.
- Click Save in the User Layout section to complete this step.
Display Activity Layout Fields
- Navigate to Customize > Activities > Task Page Layouts.
- Create a new section by clicking on the Section field and dragging it to a location under the Task Information section.
- The below Section Properties window will open. Use the default configuration for this section and name it something like InsideSales.
- Locate the following fields in the Task Layout section and drag them to the new InsideSales section:
- Call Date/Time
- Call Recording
- Callback Date/Time
- Call Duration
- Call Hour
- Call Lead Status
- Call Result
- Call Ring Time
- Call Time Zone
- Call Object Identifier
- Call Type
- Call Dial Number
- Click Save in the Task Layout section to complete this step.
Enable Click-to-Call Panel
- Navigate to Customize > Call Center > Call Centers.
- If it opens to the Introducing Salesforce CRM Call Center page, click Continue in the bottom left corner.
- Once you arrive at the All Call Centers page, Click on InsideSales.com |Click-to-call.
- Click on Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Search for the users that you want to have access to the Click-to-Call panel. You can search by profile, role, name, or any other search method to find your reps.
- Select the users you would like to give access to, then click Add to Call Center.
Display Create List and Manage Lists Buttons
The next steps will be repeated for Activities, Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, and Cases. The instructions are written for Activities, so just replace that with Leads, Accounts, etc. as you repeat the steps.
- Navigate to Customize > Activities and click on the Activity Search Layouts link.
- Click Edit to the left of Activities List View.
- Select Create List and Manage Lists from the Available Buttons on the left and click Add to move them to the Selected buttons on the right.
- Click Save to complete this step.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 for Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Activities, and Cases.
Add PowerStandings and PowerTools Components
- Navigate to Customize > Home and click on Home Page Layouts.
- Click on the name of the layout assigned to the users who will be using the PowerStandings and PowerDialer features. Click Clone, enter a name for this new layout and click Save.
- Check the PowerStandings Sidebar and the InsideSales PowerTools box and click Next.
- Choose an order for the components and click Save (or Save & Assign to assign the new layout to users as the next step).
- Navigate to Customize > User Interface (a link at the bottom of the list) and check Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages. Click Save to complete this step.
Add InsideSales.com Fields to Object Layouts
As with the Create List and Manage Lists buttons you will repeat the next steps for Leads, Contacts, and Accounts.
- Navigate to Customize > Leads and click on the Page Layout link.
- Select Dials, Last Call Time, and Response Time from the available fields and drag them to the layout (just under Phone is a convenient place to see this information).
- Click Save to complete this step.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for Contacts and Accounts.
Set Up Network Access (Required for Professional Edition of SFDC)
- Navigate to Security Controls in Administration Setup and click the Network Access link.
- Click New and enter “18.104.22.168” in the Start IP Address field and “22.214.171.124” in the End IP Address field. Click Save to complete this step.
Perform your first Authorization of the PowerDialer
- Click the + sign to the right of the tabs at the top of the screen then click the InsideSales link in the alphabetized list (you may want to add this tab to your layout by clicking Customize My Tabs and moving it from the Available Tabs to the Selected Tabs).
- Click Authorize the PowerDialer, enter your Salesforce Username and Password, click Test Account Login. If you get the message “Login appears to be valid,” continue by clicking Save. If you get any other message call us at 1-866-698-9989 and we'll troubleshoot with you.
- Return to the InsideSales tab and you will find your PowerDialer Administration and Tools page. Navigate to any of the Object (Lead, Account, etc.) pages to see the Click-to-Call interface in the left column and telephone numbers converted to dial links.
Create a List and Start Calling
- Navigate to a list of leads or contacts
- Select one or more records by checking the box to the left of the record
- Click the Create List button
- Give the list a name and click Save
- You can then either Launch the list or Close the window
- To see the list you have just created or load it later, simply click the Manage Lists button, located next to the Create List button.