Seek Lists (aka NextCall Plus)
Seek lists are particularly powerful for organizations whose lead and prospect database changes regularly from day to day and week to week. New leads come in and need to be contacted, aging leads need to have persistent effort applied, targeted campaigns need specific follow-up, and so on.
Seek lists dramatically improve these processes. They will help you increase contact rates, while saving time and increasing productivity for users.
International Data Format Limitations
The PowerDialer only supports numbers in American formats. If you try to use European formatting the software will return an error. Examples:
- March 30, 2015 must be formatted as 03/30/15
- Money must be formatted with a decimal separating whole units from partial units: 1,000.54
Launching the list in PowerDialer registers the list with the system, however you should close the PowerDialer window after you lauch and instead use the Click-to-Call panel.
International customers should not use the PowerDialer window. That stand-alone PowerDialer component does not support international or special characters. Any records saved after opening in the PowerDialer will corrupt international characters within leads.
The Click-to-Call panel does support international characters. After closing the PowerDialer, launch the list in the Click-to-Call panel:
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Select the Dialer List from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Use the Next Record Button to navigate the list. Click on phone numbers to call.
Disable Callbacks per list
Call backs can be disabled from appearing in individual dialer lists. This setting is set within the dialer list settings. Watch this video to learn more on this function.
Make one query and then clone it to make minor modifications. This will save time when building out your lists. To perform this action watch the video to the right.
For users to use mCall, Administrators need to perform these steps for the PowerDialer for Salesforce system.
There may be a few settings that are causing a "No leads to dial" error. Begin with these steps to trouble shoot no leads to dial.
- Check Callbacks
Callbacks will remove the lead from any dialer list, if all leads have callbacks assigned you will receive this error.
- Recent Calls
Use 'minutes since last call' in a data query and count your search results.
- DNC List
Federal Do Not Call lists will pull leads out of a list. Check your internal Do Not Call list.
Timeblocks will cause leads to pull from the list if they do not match the set timeblock
- Dialer Cache auto refresh
Check for the last refresh of the dialer, auto refresh happens every hour (+3-15 minutes) OR refresh will take place when saving the query (within 5-10 minutes).
If there are no leads to dial do the following:
- Refresh the dialer cache or wait for the next refresh.
- Within the seek list builder check how many leads meet the criteria by clicking 'View query results'. If the search returns '0 leads to dial' manually remove filter criteria one at a time to see which filter is disqualifying the leads.
- 'Time between calls' may be set to be too long in the dialer settings. Set this to an appropriate time.
- Check the time ranges in the data queries. If the current time is outside of the time range, no leads will be brought in.
- In Salesforce, uncheck the box labeled 'limit calling times'
- Recreate the filters in list view
- Generate a list through Leads -> Create a New View -> Replicate the filters from Seek List query.
- Add a filter for owner, as well as 'phone does not equal ""' as the dialer will not pull in leads with a blank phone field.
Wrong leads pulling into dialer
If the wrong leads appear to be coming into the dialer the following will help you to check what may be causing this:
- Check for duplicate records (they can have incorrect information on them, qualifying them for the initative), callbacks, or call nows. These will override the dialer criteria.
- Callbacks start with the person that set them, if the owner has not called on the callback within the failover period (set in the dialer initiative settings), it will failover as specified in the company settings (only owner, initiative attendees, etc.).
- Queries on dialer initiatives will override the settings of the initiative itself. If the initiative settings are set to 'only dial own' and the dialer query settings are set to 'initiative attendees' anyone will recieve the records. The system will go through all the records that fit a certain query and then go through all the records that fit the next query.
- Records that come into the dialer may not actually fit the criteria because the record field values were changed after the latest update of the dialer cache. The record will still come into the dialer and it will have the newest updated value, making it look like it doesn't qualify. The only changes to a lead record that matter are those that happen before the latest refresh of the Dynamic list.
Error when launching a list with the PowerDialer
- Check if there are authorization problems
- Check if there are any special characters in the list name that might break it such as apostraphes or commas
- Make sure they have 'modify all' permission in the custom object settings for the profile
List is not showing up in drop-down menu
If your list does not show up in the drop-down menu check the following:
- Check the List Progress report in the admin tab to see if the cache has run yet for the list
- If it is a Seek List, try saving a query to manually rerun the cache
- If the cache has run and there are no leads, see "no leads to dial"
- Check the dialer settings for time allowed to be available
Layout not showing properly
My fields are not showing up on the layout
In order for fields to show up on your layout in the PowerDialer you will need verify that the field in on the layout assigned to the profile of all affected users.
Please note: Fields take 24-48 hours for them to sync to the layouts used with the PowerDialer.
If after you have verified and waited 48 hours please contact InsideSales.com support
Find our most recent release notes.
Our InsideSales.com community forum is coming soon.
Advanced training for the PowerDialer for Salesforce.
We're happy to help. An InsideSales.com expert is just a phone call away.
Mon-Fri 6-7 MST