You can use Dashboards to display your agents' progress. You can display dashboards in a variety of ways. You might have them on the monitor of a manager as a monitoring tool, or displayed publicly on a large screen for your whole team to see.
Setting Up Your Dashboard
- Go to the InsideSales tab and click on 'Manage Dashboards'
- 'Open', 'Delete', or 'Create New Dashboard'
- When you first create a dashboard, you'll be prompted to set up the basic settings first. To start, choose the name, theme, and view and edit permissions for the dashboard.
- Dashboard Name determines the name of the dashboard on the Manage Dashboards list. This name also displays at the top of the leaderboard at all times.
- Theme determines the visual style of the dashboard's background. It is entirely cosmetic.
- View Permission determines which users can see this dashboard. You can choose "Only Me," "All Users," or "Selected Users." Choosing this last option opens an interface allowing you to select particular users.
- Edit Permission determines which users can change this dashboard. As above, you can choose "Only Me," "All Users," or "Selected Users," with the last option opens an interface allowing you to select particular users.
You can change these after the initial creation of the dashboard by hovering your mouse in the upper-right corner of the dashboard and clicking the Dashboard Settings link that will appear as shown below.
- After that you can decide what the dashboard will display. The dashboard displays up to 6 widgets that show the progress of your team with various KPIs. Click one of the plus symbols to open a dialog to determine exactly what that space on the board will represent.
The first dialogue gives you two options:
- 'Widget' Name determines the name that displays at the top of the widget
- 'Type' allows you to choose from several options:
- KPI will display the progress of a particular KPI.
- KPI Leaders shows the top-ranked leaders at completeing a particular KPI in releation to one another.
- Points displays the accumulation of Points.
- Countdown lets you set up a countdown to a particular time. This is useful if the dashboard is being used to show how agents are doing leading up to a particular deadline.
Based on your 'Type' selection, a variety of other options releveant to that type will appear. Here's a few of the options you may see:
- KPI allows you to choose any KPI to track.
- Display As allows you to choose additional display options for the widget. For example, depending on your previous selections, it may offer control over how many of the top agents are displayed, or whether the widget displays a total or an average for a team statistic.
- Date Range controls the date range relevant to the widget. You can choose to display daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, or all-time stats.
- The Team Selection dialogue at the bottom of the window is especially important. It lets you choose which teams are displayed on the widget. Be sure to highlight the teams whose progress you want to display and use the arrows to move them from "Available Teams" to "Selected."
- Shortly after you've made your selections, the board will start updating regulary.
With our mobile dashboards feature, you don't have to be on site with your agent to see what they're doing, or even signed into a computer. You can use your mobile device to view your dashboards remotely! This page explains how.
Device and Browser Requirements
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPad > = 2
- Samsung Galaxy 3
- Nexus 4
- IOS 6 or Greater
- Android 4 or Greater
- Android Web Browser
Accessing Mobile Dashboards
- To start, notice the Email Mobile Link button on the Manage Dashboards page.
- Clicking this link sends a message to your user email containing a link. Just before doing so, a dialogue window will open indicating the email address the message will be sent to. Click OK to confirm the address and send the message.
- Click this link on your mobile device. This will direct you to the login page.
- Notice the “Remember Me” checkbox at the bottom of the login page. We recommend using this box to make logging in easier in the future.
- Also, be sure to add to PowerStandings Mobile Dashboards your homescreen for quick access.
Viewing Dashboard on Mobile Platform
If this is your first time logging in, after verifying your username and password, the system will retrieve a list of available dashboards and display the first alphabetical dashboard listing. If you've logged in before, the system will take you to the last dashboard you viewed.
Viewing Dashboard on Tablet Device
- To move up and down in the list, users will use the standard "swipe" motion vertically.
- Widgets are shown in an abbreviated display to conserve space on the smaller mobile screen.
- Click on the widget bar to expand the display to show the rest of the dashboard. The same number of agents as displayed in the standard widget will display in the mobile version, followed by their count.
- Only five agents are displayed at a time. If the widget is set to display more than five, you can scroll down on the mobile screen to see the others.
Viewing dashboards on a tablet devices work the same way as explained above when the tablet is held vertically.
- When the tablet is held horizontally, the dashboards will display with the same format as seen on a typical web browser.
- In all instances of the mobile application, a small gear icon appears in the top right corner. To switch dashboards, click this icon.
- This will push the current dashboard to the side and open a list of dashboards for you to choose from.
- The list you are currently viewing is highlighted ("Leaderboard 2" in the example above).
- Scroll up and down to see any additional lists.
- If you change your mind, you can swipe on the screen to close the list and go back to the current dashboard.
Favorite Dashboards and the Horizontal Swipe
- You can quickly move between dashboards in your "favorites" list by swiping horizontally to the left or right across the screen.
- A small set of dots appears along the bottom of the application, indicating which of up to six of the "favorite" dashboards you are currently viewing.
- To add a dashboard to your favorites, go to the dashboard list and click the star icon next to the dashboard's name. A yellow star indicates that it is currently on your favorites list. Click a yellow star again to remove it from the list. The maximum number of dashboards in the favorites list is six. If you already have six dashboards in your favorites, you'll need to remove some before you can add others.
Displaying Your Dashboard
There is no special process to bring up a leaderboard for display. Simply open it the same way you would if you were going to edit it and watch it work!
When you're finished viewing or editing a leaderboard, simply close the window containing it.
Find our most recent release notes.
Our InsideSales.com community forum is coming soon.
Advanced training for the PowerDialer for Salesforce.
We're happy to help. An InsideSales.com expert is just a phone call away.
Mon-Fri 6-7 MST